Charcoal Drawing Basics & Techniques For Beginners here for anyone wishing to try their hand at charcoal or broaden their understanding of it all… there are vids of the following..pretty good stuff at the art instruction blog
1. Charcoal Drawing Basics : Art Supplies for Charcoal Drawing
2. Charcoal Drawing Basics : Types of Paper for Charcoal Drawing
3. Tips for Drawing with Charcoal : Types of Charcoal Drawing Paper
4. Tips for Drawing with Charcoal : Types of Charcoal Drawing Erasers
5. Charcoal Drawing Basics : Understanding Lighting when Charcoal Drawing
6. Charcoal Drawing Basics : Quick Sketch vs. Detailed Sketch: Charcoal Drawing
7. “Drawing with Charcoal & White Chalk” by Diana Moses Botkin
8. Charcoal Drawing Demonstration Using the Subtractive Method
9. Charcoal Drawing Basics : How to Erase in Charcoal Drawing
There's also another very good 6 part tutorial on charcoal drawing basics here for anyone who's just wanting to learn a bit about it and get started with the right materials and ideas
About Just Drawing
an interactive blog
we really want to hear from you!
We feature other artists and we have exhibitions online we'd like you to participate in with us!
Do you love drawing like we do? Some of us have depression, anxiety, stress, mental illness or physical pain, and we find drawing helps relieve the symptoms...maybe it could help you too! If you already draw for relief and would like to share about it, we'd love to feature you here on this blog.....
DUST OFF THAT PENCIL CASE AND GET THOSE PENCILS OUT OK!!
Just email the answers below to email@example.com with a link to your drawings and there's every chance we'll be featuring you sometime in the not too distant future!
1. Why do you love drawing?
2. Has drawing helped to relieve symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress or illness?
3. Where is your favourite drawing place?
I'm excited to be adding my drawings here as often as I can and hoping to hear from you!